Physical Intervention and Management of Challenging Behaviour
Physical Intervention and Management of Challenging Behaviour for People with Learning Disabilities and Autism
The training will introduce participants to physical intervention and management challenging behaviour for people with learning disabilities & autism.
- Identify the functions of particular behaviours for individuals
- Understand the range of ways to improve the lifestyle and communication of people who present challenging behaviours
- Understand organizational policy in relation to the management of challenging behaviours
- Understand the importance of working as a team in response to challenging behaviours
- Identify a range of positive behaviour management techniques
- Recognise the implications of using physical interventions
- Identify strategies for providing support to other people, after an incident involving aggression or violence.
- Understand the importance of maintaining accurate records
This train will introduce participants to physical intervention and management of challenging behaviour for people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Be encouraged to consider the behaviours they are most likely to encounter
- Explore behaviour management techniques which are most likely to be successful in relation to these behaviours
- Introduce the principles of positive behaviour support
Who should attend?
For people who works for people with learning disabilities and autism, who have challenging behaviours.
Type of training
Offered in-house (our trainer comes to your organisation)
Offered as individual places on scheduled course