Nursery Officer – Southwark Area – London
Job Summary: As part of a team, organises and provides care for children 0-5 years in a day nursery setting. May work in unsupervised capacity and supervise students.
• Qualifications; NNEB, CACHE, B-Tech 3, NVQ 3 or equivalent
• Experience of working in a childcare setting throughout the 0-5 years range.
• Local Authority day nursery experience desirable but not essential.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of children’s’ developmental needs from 0-5 years
• Ability to communicate effectively and fluently using appropriate style both verbally and in writing.
• Understanding of Child Protection and relevant legislation.
• Knowledge of social diversity and equal opportunities and the ability to demonstrate this throughout all aspects of practice
• Able to demonstrate excellent childcare practice
• The ability to work in partnership with parents/carers
• Ability to use own initiative and take responsibility where appropriate
• To be able to work as an effective member of the staff team
• The ability to see each child as an individual and as part of a family and to respond to their needs.
Pay Rate: £11 PAYE / £13.70 LTD